Saturday 10 November 2012

Humble Beginnings

    As a predominantly Warhammer 40k player, I recently decided I wanted a game-change. After some thought, I decided that I would try Flames of War (FoW).  My reasons for this include: being interested in WWII (despite not knowing a lot about it), liking the scale and knowing that people in my gaming group play it too.


    I have started this blog to document my progress and showcase my armies. I have another blog which I use for Games Workshop systems, so this one will be solely dedicated to Flames of war. I plan to blog about my FoW armies, terrain and any WWII resources I gain information from. 

    I decided to start an American Parachute Rifle Company, specifically Easy Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne. After watching (and reading) Band of Brothers, I decided the best place for a WWII novice like me to start, would be with a force I know a bit about. E company is composed of elite soldiers, which I think will offer tactical challenges and mean I should be able to field an army relatively quickly.

    I have begun by building a Parachute Rifle Platoon (and some extra rifle teams).

    Here are pictures:


Platoon Command

Bazooka team

Rifle team (with medic detail)

Mortar team

Rifle team

Machine gunner team

Progress so far

     Thank you for looking. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment